Sunday, January 21, 2007

Okay. After the "heaviness" of my last post, I thought I'd put up some fun photos. Here's a few snow critters that the girls created when we had our cold snap.

Daughter 1 made this snow mouse just outside of our raspberry pen. (You gotta keep those berries penned. You never know what'll happen if they get loose! ^_^)

Unfortunately, the rains started up the next day, so the mouse is just a blob of snow. But cute while it lasted!

Daughter 2 created her snow "Rosa" on the lawn of a friend. They had a great time of it, and here is the results! She poached hard from the surrounding garden, so Rosa had a hydrangea hat, fir branch hair, coal eyes, carrot nose and holly arms. She sported a variegated ivy belt and matching hair band, and tangerine buttons on her snow jacket. Very lovely, I'd say.

I changed my "personality" icon on the top of the page to the snow fairy photo I took during last January's snow. The only photo shopping I did was to crop the picture and enlarge it. Pretty cool, huh? The snow was falling in huge feathery clumps because it was relatively warm and because we were so close to the water. I have no idea why the flake was "flying" upwards. Perhaps the wind was blowing from the south and was curling upwards. At any rate, some things should not be over-thought. Here's a larger shot of it:







No comments: