Tuesday, December 26, 2006

To underscore the fact that I truely have too much time on my hands (or maybe I'm not using my time as wisely as i should?) I have created this Christmas poem:

(Ahem)

T'was the day after Christmas and all through the house,
Not a child is stirring, and I'm clicking my mouse.
The stockings are emptied and the contents are strewn
all over the floor, none entering their rooms.


Tucker's curled in his bed, and Dad's off now to work
and I'm still in new jammies, my duties I shirk!
I dream of Noels with and without our friends
and chalk up this season as the one that will tend


To lean much more closely towards family this year
and missing the presence of ones held so dear.
Not a glimmer of envy I hold in my heart
for the vision of warm surf and palm trees that part


To reveal those swim suits that shows all my fat.
(Yes, this is denial and I'm okay with that!)
Plain oatmeal and coffee is what I consume,
the upcoming year won't see me filling the room!


The gifts I had opened are thoughtful and kind
a warm leather jacket from hubby, I find,
I might need a Harley to zip off to work
and chocolate, oh chocolate my diet it hurts!


A white shirt for daytime, some candles for night
A mirror for beading, some roses, a sight!
Lotions and potions, jams which in I still lurk
And chocolate, oh chocolate my diet it hurts!


D2 was eager to see Nick treat her kind,
so up at 5:30, a Pet Shop she finds
And gift cards and cash will go to more "pets"
‘Least I won't have to feed these pesky new sets!


D1, easy to shop for, her list was so long,
It’s a good thing my pay check showed up here so strong.
Beads and bead tools, books, clothes, and drawing tools too
and jammies that match my new jammies. (It’s true,


we shopped most together and made us a pact
we’d get some few things for ourselves. It’s a fact!)
Tucker wasn't forgotten, he got into his heart
that opening his gifts, was his favorite part!


Hubby liked his twelve days of Christmas this year,
Between the girls and I, we covered, no fear,
The one rose, two turtle candies, three red wines too,
And four composts, five bagels, and that’s just a few.


So now I’m good and late to get off to work
Good clothes to change into, no longer to shirk.
As I’m ready to head toward the jeep in the yard
The part that I struggle towards what is most hard,


A promise to write you a more proper missive.
(I bet you are waiting to see how I rhyme this’in!)
Apologies profusely to Clement T. Moore
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good morn!

God bless us, every one!

No comments: