Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy "week after de-lurking week"! For those of you who were unaware of "delurking" as I was, it seems that we folk who browse through people's blogs but do not comment while we are there, are called lurkers. Much like peeping Toms (or Janes) we want to take a visit into other people's lives without the mess or fuss.
So the story goes that if you regularly check into someone's blog, you should post a comment on what they have written...or just introduce yourself. I found that unless you are a card-carrying blogger, you can't post a comment at the bottom of a blog entry. But if you aren't a blogger, now you can say your howdys (?) in the chat box to the right of this column. Do you see it? Its over there!--------------------------->

The problem now is that I've procrastinated so long in writing a new entry, Delurking week is over. Sigh.
****************
It always makes my family nervous when I post names and photos of loved ones in my blog. I have always felt more comfortable behind the camera than in front of one, so I do have empathy. Really! But my first and foremost reason for writing a blog in the is to stay in contact with my far flung family and friends.
And I am REALLY BAD at writing letters. Besides, you know what they say about pictures being worth 1,000 words? So "Hi" to my Thailand teacher friend! "Hi to my Australian friend (and her great family!)" "Hi to my sisters in the corners of our great state!" "Hi" to my Snow Bird parents who are, at this moment basking in the southern sun and applying yet another coat of sunscreen to their sunburned beaks!
And "Hi" to all of you who admire Tucker the wonder dog and stop in for dog biscuits for your four-legged fur people! Thanks for visiting the Waunaspot~~

No comments: