Monday, January 08, 2007


Hi all! Here is a 2006 family photo for those of you grousing (sister!) that we never send you an updated picture. So sorry! I'll have to break out the digital camera and get a really good one for 2007. Daughter1 and Daughter2 are currently taller with longer hair, and Hubby sports a dashing moustache/goatee combo that resembles Sean Connery! Sadly, I'm much the same as last year. I'm always tempted to chop my hair short and bleach it blond, but I'm just not the adventurous...yet.
Can you still wish friends and family a happy new year, even if the New Year is a week old? I hope so, because true to my nature I am running a bit behind. Made any resolutions yet?


Isn't interesting how we try to explain away or justify our tendencies? I have a mountain of laundry to do, my garden is a swamp with last years flower stalks still poking through, my car needs a good cleaning and the dog needs a bath. AND I'm running behind on my Christmas cards, thank-yous, and, well, "Happy New Year"s. (Hang on. I don't think that last bit was grammatically correct!) So now its resolution time:


  • Sort and wash those clothes
  • Get the muck boots out and get to raking
  • Vacuum the car and use window cleaner (doggy nose prints!)
  • Take the dog to Petco and use their do-it-yourself wash station
  • Loose 10 pounds


(Wait. Where did that last one come from?!)

For those of you who are interested, I found the link to the Tacoma News Tribune article, "Blog vs Newspaper". I'll link to it here, once I post this piece and try to shorten the rebuttal I wrote in response. I'd never make a columnist. I spend too much time thinking about what I want to say, and I'd never make the deadlines! Another resolution?


No comments: