Monday, December 10, 2007

In the interest of further explanation, I thought I'd clarify the blog links to the right of this post. A few of my friends I've nagged into taking a look at my blog are blog newbies. They weren't really sure what a blog was all about, let alone how to find and read one.

The links I've posted are other writers and photographers around the world that I discovered through surfing that write in such a way that amuses, educates me or has another view that I had never considered before. I've read these for a while, I've enjoyed them and I'd like to share with the those of you who might be interested.

I know a fair amount about the Pacific Northwest with all of its many faces, but I love to branch out. I have been to Australia, New Zealand, Vanuatu, Fiji, Mexico and parts of Europe. (Very small parts! ^_^) Interestingly enough, I haven't been to Utah, much of Montana or Arizona. Weird how you look farther away than your back door, isn't it?

Currently I do my traveling over the Blog-sphere and the library system as I find raising children on a part-time job with the help of my full time husband keeps me from much international travel.

Rosina's Road Trip was a fortunate find. I had just been going over geography with my nine year old and was once again reminded that there is a beautiful, complicated, culturally vast continent that I have never visited relatively close to home. South America.

It was the beautiful pictures that drew me into the blog as they are of Brazil. But the saga of Rosina's true trip to health that keeps me reading. But for the grace of God, that could be me in ICU. Keep fighting Rosina!

I'm sad to say that I pulled off The Mad Momma's blog this weekend. She is a wonderful professional writer who documents her trials and tribulations of raising a young family in India on her blog. She closed her blog to casual readers, so you can't see for yourself. Sadly, I've lost her address, so I can't write to her either. I'm so sorry for that loss!

And welcome to Waiter's Rant. His is a well written, well thought out blog with three + years worth of writing documenting the life on the other side of the apron. My first paid job (besides babysitting at 14) was helping to care for a stable of show Arabian horses. Most of my time was on the business end of a pitch fork. (And I had the callouses and muscle to prove it!)

My second job was busing tables at a local restaurant. In general, I found the horses treated me better. Enjoy your surf!

No comments: