Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It's the day after Christmas, I'm at work whilst my family plays at home, and I think I'm coming down with a cold. How's that for a fitting end to the Christmas season?

On the upside, it really did snow on Christmas Day! We were driving to points South to spend time with sister #1 and sister #2 and their families, and low, the rain became colder and didst appear to thicken. And suddenly it appeared unto us the wetness on the windsheild became a host of white flakes apparently saying, "Drive not too quickly, nor tarry too long in one spot, for families of young children wait with dearling noses pressed upon the window panes for your jolly red wagon to appear upon the horizon".

Okay. I've gotten my stories crossed. But I do drive a red wagon, and it did snow, and the kids were waiting for us to get there to open gifts! And it was the perfect snow. Pretty to see falling, settled on lawns and trees, but did not build up on the route returning home. Perfect!

No comments: