Friday, October 27, 2006


Radio Silence


Sorry about the lack of fresh posts! I have just returned from a four day adventure to Couer 'd Alene, Idaho with my Mom, "Right", and my friend "Indie". To smooth the potential for friction that naturally occurs when you have three strong personalities in a moving vehicle for five hours or more, we nicknamed ourselves. Mom=Right, Me=Wrong and Friend=Indifferent.

The theory went that if I constantly admitted I was wrong about everything, then I was liberated when I was indeed wrong. (An occcurance that happens very infrequently, as you can see from my spelling "occurrence"! >_<)

My Mom, who partners as challenging a spouse as anyone could have, got to visit planet "Right". She was right about everything, and was told so frequently. Even when she was wrong she was right. Hitherto (Do I get bonus points for using that word in a sentence?) only Dad was allowed to be that right. Its a lot less exhausting than arguing him to the ground and pinning him when he was wrong.

Our friend played around with "indifference". She who has never been indifferent to or for anything in the six plus years that I have known her. She possesses a very caring heart and is often squashed because she figuratively and literally lays down to protect the little person/animal/thing that needs nurturing.

So anyway. We stopped first to visit my neice who is going to Eastern Washington University as a newly minted Freshman. Change equals growth, yes? But we all know that change can also be a lonely, terrifying or stupendously strenouous journey too. She's reached the end of month one of the cut-the-home-strings-and-branch-out stage. My heart is out to her and I'm thrilled at her challenges. Hang in there, sweetie! (I'll insert a photo of neice here when I get her okay. Maybe I'll have Keely Photoshop it for the veiwing public!)

Then on to the beautiful Idaho panhandle. I'll end here so that I can let phone calls come in as I'm hoping job opportunies are leaping from all directions right now. That's all from Wrong-ville. Bye-bye and buy bonds!

1 comment:

the mad momma said...

ohmigod... it sounds interesting and fun and i am left quite confused!